Friday 21 January 2011

Pigs and Dogs...

I am currently working on my external project: carrying on with my Macmillan project from last semester. Today I was shown how to use InDesign and how to stretch paper...rather excited as i've nearly completed my work now...just have to do my neat pencil spreads and dummy book and 16 coulour double page spreads!

I have also decided on my Honours project! Huzzah! I'm really excited to get it started! I'm going to redesign and illustrate George Orwell's Animal Farm.



I've been admiring Ralph Steadman's work as of late, as he did an illustrated version of Animal Farm. His use of line and colour is amazing...



This is the cover of the version of the book I have. It was designed by Shepard Fairey. I love this cover, the colours are beautiful and the bold use of silhouette and Russian-esque lines.

I intend on going to a petting zoo tomorrow to get the ball rolling and take some photos and draw some pigs. Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment